At Asulia, we believe how we nourish our bodies and the minds we educate are two of the most impactful ways to effect change. Eating well and doing good go hand in hand. We’re making it easier to eat healthy and support girls’ education by donating a portion of proceeds. It’s changed our life and it can change many others. We’re reinventing veggie foods handcrafted with love with fusion flavors. We’re vegetable obsessed!
Business Development Internship
Location: Boston, MA
Relationships and partnerships are essential to Asulia’s growth. As a Business Development Intern you will be directly involved in all aspects of maintaining relationships, sales, and partnerships. You will help with administrative tasks, managing relationships with current prospects and partners, researching potential placements and partners, and assisting with programs and events related to business development at Asulia.
Major responsibilities include
- Assist in identifying potential sales channels and partnerships. You will conduct research and attend networking events related to food, lifestyle, entrepreneurship and innovation to generate buzz about Asulia. You will help work with existing sales channels and partners to make sure they are involved in programs and events put on by Asulia.
- Generate content to strengthen our relationships with existing relationship. You will help clarify our message and experiences for potential partners and assist in creating and editing partner and sales proposals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute on the responsibilities you are given
- Experience with sales
- Strong analytical and creative writing skills
- Graphic design skills, preferrably with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and background – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with high profile people and organizations
- Seeking college credit
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 15 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 10 hours per week.
- You are excited about and also share the belief of Asulia that “nutrition and education changes lives”
- You will thrive on being at a startup and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, HootSuite, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite
You don’t need to be an expert in all of these platforms — but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
All Asulia internships are unpaid. We invest our time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with Asulia and beyond. We want to help you discover your full potential!
Apply for this position
Please fill in our contact form here.