We’re vegetable obsessed! Asulia Foods makes all natural, handcrafted fusion plant-based dumplings packed with nutrient-dense veggies, superfoods, and flavor. A portion of profits goes to Room to Read, which supports girls’ education in developing countries.
Front End Web Developer Internship
The Front End Web Developer Intern will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing Asulia’s website, increasing its functionality and bettering UX. The intern will also develop and manage the brand’s eCommerce, as well as track customer behavior. Ideal candidates are individuals with a keen eye for detail and understanding of how to create a top-notch user experience that want to hone their skills in website design and e-commerce.
Front End Web Developer Intern Responsibilities
- Creating new site layout–streamline the current layout of the site or design a completely new site that is aesthetically pleasing and functional; adding features to the website that would improve user experience and navigability, as well as being beneficial to the brand
- Update site mapping
- Site analytics
Experience and Skills
- Website development/HTML/CSS skills
- Experience with WordPress platform
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- eCommerce platform experience
- SEO: Knowledge of SEO & Google Analytics/AdWords is also a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently
- Candidates with experience and/or relevant coursework are preferred
- Seeking college credit
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 15 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 10 hours per week.
- You are excited about and also share the belief of Asulia that “nutrition and education changes lives”
- You will thrive on being at a startup and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, HootSuite, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite
- You don’t need to be an expert in all of these platforms — but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
This is a paid part-time position with a growing startup. We invest our time and energy to supporting our team to ensure your success with Asulia and beyond. We want to help you discover your full potential!
Apply for this position
Please fill in our contact form here.